I'm sorry for being MIA over here. School got the best of me last week, but I am ready to tackle whatever it throws at me next! So long as I can do it while shoving muffins (and let's be real, spoonfuls of peanut butter) down my throat.
I kid you not, I think I am addicted to peanut butter. I eat it on any and everything. Kid.You.Not. It's kind of scary. I really need an intervention. BUT I CAN'T STOP. And I won't. So there. I even have a board entirely dedicated to peanut butter on my Pinterest. Not sorry.
I have had my eye on these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins for quite some time, but for some reason have never made them. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think it's just that anytime I buy jars of peanut butter, I devour them in approximately 12 hours and never have enough leftover for baking. Luckily, that all changed when I saw that my family had two jars of peanut butter in our pantry - one for baking, and one for reserves. It was perfect.
I made a batch of these for my best friend, Nick, and my sister, Kelley. While I did give these away, you better believe I snagged a couple for my self (oops). All I can say is that you CANNOT beat the peanut butter chocolate combo. You just can't. If you can't tell from this, this, this, this, this, this, OR this, I will forever be loyal to PB & chocolate (hehe).
These are a perfect breakfast treat AND they double as a fabulous dessert. Or snack. Basically what I'm saying is that you can eat these whenever you want and your taste buds will sing songs of joy. That's a verified fact. So go ahead and enjoy!
|Brown Sugar Bliss.|
|Choosy bakers choose Jif.|
|Yes. Just yes.|
|Gettin' all melty up in here.|
|Melted butter + peanut butter...I'm diving in this bowl.|
|Here comes the chocolate.|
|Sprinkle 'em with sugar. Every good muffin comes with a coating of sugar. It's a law.|
Recipe from Annie's Eats (originally adapted from Baking Bites)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Jif Creamy)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth. Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin tins, filling each to the top. Sprinkle each muffin with coarse sugar, if preferred.
- Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.