Friday, July 27, 2012

The Ultimate Cookie Cup






After a busy week, I am finally back with a new recipe post! Phew!

On Fridays, after working all week, all I want to do is relax at home alllllll night with nothing to do. However, this past Friday the Olympics started (obviously - GO Team USA!) and I suddenly felt the urge to bake. Nothing like creating fattening treats to shovel down my throat while watching some of the most fit people waltz around my TV screen...HELP ME. 

I honestly wish I could be an Olympic athlete, but anyone who knows me realizes that this is clearly NOT possible. I have the coordination and athletic ability of a one-legged chicken. My parents even predicted my future athletic abilities at a young age...

3rd place...ugh.
While I may not ever participate in the Olympics (sigh), I will be spending every free moment I have until August 12th watching the games and I am THRILLED about this. This whole "once every four years" thing is such a tease...but makes it all the more exciting.

So I urge you all, as you too watch the Summer Olympics, to do it with one (or 5) of these Ultimate Cookie Cups in your hand. The recipe is insanely simple, all you need is pre-packaged cookie dough and peanut butter cups. You could opt to make your own dough if you like (1 tbsp. portions), but that may detract from your time spent staring at Ryan Lochte...

Enjoy these cookie cups and the 2012 Summer Olympics! Yahoo!

The Ultimate Cookie Cup (makes 24 cookie cups)
Recipe from Cookies and Cups
  • 1 package Ready to Bake Sugar Cookie Dough (makes 24 cookies), room temperature
  • 1 package Ready to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (makes 24 cookies), room temperature
  • 24 full-sized peanut butter cups
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Let your cookie dough sit out of the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes. If it is room temperature, it will be easier to spread around your peanut butter cup.
  3. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  4. Place one portion of your sugar cookie dough on the bottom of the peanut butter cup, spreading completely over the bottom. Place one portion of your chocolate chip cookie dough on top of the peanut butter cup, spreading to cover top of the peanut butter cup. Make sure that the entire peanut butter cup is covered.
  5. Place in liners and bake for 13-15 minutes.
  6. Let cool in muffin pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to continue cooling.
So easy - love it!
Try to avoid eating all of these before baking. It ain't easy...

Now cover the whole peanut butter cup!!

It's tempting to eat all 24 raw...believe me!!!
DEVOUR.



No comments:

Post a Comment