Karly over at Buns in My Oven, one of my favorite blogs to follow, has declared this week to be Chocolate Peanut Butter Week on her blog! Since I love all her posts and recipes, I thought I'd join in on the fun.
I am not a huge chocolate fan (weird, I know), but give me anything with chocolate and peanut butter and I will straight up inhale it. I am a die-hard Reese's fan and have recently been enjoying Peanut Butter M&M's and Peanut Butter Snickers. NOM.
I find that this Chocolate Peanut Butter Week is fitting since it coincides with my birthday week, so I am a very content gal. I think y'all should participate and make some Chocolate and Peanut Butter treats!!
I've had these Reese's Cheesecake Brownies pinned for quite some time, so this week inspired me to make them. These are gooey, rich, and decadent. They are satisfying and filling and most of all LOADED with chocolate and peanut buttery goodness. Brownies, Reese's Pieces, melted chocolate, and Reese's Cups?!! I'm in, and you should be too. Enjoy!
|Ingredient line-up (minus the chocolate chips and heavy cream)|
|Fluffy Cream Cheese!!!|
|Oh my heavens.|
|Nearly stuck my face in that little measuring cup.|
|In they go!|
|Ready for the oven!|
Reese's Cheesecake Brownies
Recipe from Pip & Ebby
- 19.5 oz. box chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 oz. package Reese's Pieces candies
- 12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. whipping cream
- 12 large Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the brownie batter in the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and the 1/2 cup of peanut butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the Reese's Pieces candies.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the cheesecake layer is set and the edges are golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and whipping cream to a small, microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until the chips are melted. Stir until smooth then spread over the cheesecake layer.
- Sprinkle the 12 chopped Reese's cups over the top. Store covered in refrigerator.