I have a confession: if I could, I would eat cereal for every meal. Ah, so glad I got that off my chest. Kind of a shameful admission from a professed foodie, but it's the truth. I love cereal, it nearly never fails me.
For breakfast, I almost always have some variety of Special K cereal with milk, and during the summer I've been topping it off with fresh berries...
|Alright, I'm hungry.|
So, to add to this Chocolate Peanut Butter Week, I decided to spice up the traditional Rice Krispie Treat recipe with (drumroll please) REESE'S PUFFS! Wise decision, folks. These are just an upgraded version of Rice Krispie treats in my humble opinion. Marshmallowy, peanut buttery, chocolatey, good...y. Try them for yourself or switch the Reese's Puffs with your favorite "guilty pleasure" cereal!
Reese's Puffs Mallow Bars
Recipe adapted from Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Reese's Puffs cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Reese's Puffs cereal. Stir until all well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13x9x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.