Monday, May 7, 2012

Reeses Chocolate Chip Brownies

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Perfection

Today, my mom and I enjoyed a full day of errands around Charlotte. Shockingly enough, shopping is not one of my favorite activities, but we did wind up finding some great pieces and more importantly some great steals (it should be known that I am an EXTREME bargain hunter - TJ Maxx all the way!). We had shopped till we dropped, so to reward ourselves I decided to whip up a batch of brownies...naturally.

Now, I must admit that at the ripe age of 19, I have never made homemade brownies. I guess it's true that my generation really does like instant gratification. So, when I reached for my favorite brownie mix, Ghirardelli Double Chocolate, I wanted to spice it up a bit. That's when I noticed the bag of miniature Reeses sitting in our candy jar.

Now, I don't know about y'all, but my self-control is in the negative region at this point in my life, so needless to say I was shocked that my parents still had Reeses from Easter! It really amazed me that a person could have a bag of such chocolatey peanut butter goodness on hand for a month and not eat every last morsel. Reeses are my greatest weakness, and I would eat them on nearly everything if I could.

So, being as resourceful (and addicted) as I am, I decided it was only proper that I chop up these Reeses and pour them in the brownie mix, which itself is filled with chocolate chips. You can never have too much chocolate and you can definitely never have too many Reeses. These brownies were beyond easy to make and so ooey-gooey right out of the oven. I plopped a scoop of ice cream on one while it was hot and ate my heart out. It was a wonderful reward for my day of hard work at the mall.

Reeses Chocolate Chip Brownies

  • 1 brownie box mix, prepared (I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix)
  • 1 bag miniature Reeses, unwrapped 
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • Ice cream to top it out (I used Breyer's Smooth and Dreamy Vanilla)
Directions
  1. After preparing the brownie mix according to the box's directions, chop the bag of Reeses.
  2. Simply fold the Reeses into the mix until well combined.
  3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  4. Bake to perfection!
  5. Cut,  top with your favorite flavor of ice cream, and indulge!
Hard not to eat all of these...

...but somehow I managed (yum).



No comments:

Post a Comment