The forecast this holiday weekend is calling for beautiful SUMMER weather and I couldn't be happier. With highs close to 90 degrees, you will likely find me laying out whenever I have a free moment. I am looking forward to spending time with a great friend from school, Madi, as she comes down for Speed Street! Bring on the free country concerts and redneck sightings!
To get fully into the summer mode, I thought it was only appropriate to bake some treats that remind me of my favorite season. Thinking it might be weird if I lit a fire to roast marshmallows and sit in my backyard devouring s'mores by myself, I decided to make these peanut butter s'more bites. I have never met a peanut butter dessert I don't like, and when combined with chocolate, it's always a home run. These peanut butter s'more bites are cute and delicious, and a perfect summer treat.
Peanut Butter S'more Bites (makes 36 s'more bites)
Recipe from Created by Diane
- 1 Package Peanut Butter Cookie Mix (plus the items required to make cookie mix - if using Betty Crocker Mix you'll need 1 TBSP. water, 3 TBSP. oil, and 1 egg)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 72 mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 36 mini muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin by making the ganache filling: bring one cup cream to a boil then pour it over one cup of chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips melt for a minute then stir until creamy. Let cool.
- Mix peanut butter cookie mix with water, oil, egg, and flour.
- Roll about two teaspoons of dough into 36 balls and place them into paper lined mini cupcake pans.
- Create a well in the center of each dough ball.
- Place a teaspoon or so of the cooled chocolate ganache into each well and top with a few mini chocolate chips, two mini marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, let cool before eating!