Friday, May 25, 2012

Peanut Butter S'more Bites




The forecast this holiday weekend is calling for beautiful SUMMER weather and I couldn't be happier. With highs close to 90 degrees, you will likely find me laying out whenever I have a free moment. I am looking forward to spending time with a great friend from school, Madi, as she comes down for Speed Street! Bring on the free country concerts and redneck sightings!

To get fully into the summer mode, I thought it was only appropriate to bake some treats that remind me of my favorite season. Thinking it might be weird if I lit a fire to roast marshmallows and sit in my backyard devouring s'mores by myself, I decided to make these peanut butter s'more bites. I have never met a peanut butter dessert I don't like, and when combined with chocolate, it's always a home run. These peanut butter s'more bites are cute and delicious, and a perfect summer treat.

Peanut Butter S'more Bites (makes 36 s'more bites)
Recipe from Created by Diane

  • 1 Package Peanut Butter Cookie Mix (plus the items required to make cookie mix - if using Betty Crocker Mix you'll need 1 TBSP. water, 3 TBSP. oil, and 1 egg)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 72 mini marshmallows
  • 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 36 mini muffin liners


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Begin by making the ganache filling: bring one cup cream to a boil then pour it over one cup of chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips melt for a minute then stir until creamy. Let cool.
  3. Mix peanut butter cookie mix with water, oil, egg, and flour.
  4. Roll about two teaspoons of dough into 36 balls and place them into paper lined mini cupcake pans.
  5. Create a well in the center of each dough ball.
  6. Place a teaspoon or so of the cooled chocolate ganache into each well and top with a few mini chocolate chips, two mini marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs.
  7. Bake for 8-10 minutes, let cool before eating!









No comments:

Post a Comment