Thursday, July 5, 2012

Peanut Butter M&M Marshmallow Cookies




Is there anything better than Peanut Butter M&M's? Maybe, but I would argue against it. They are just too darn good. I mean, you cannot beat that peanut butter chocolate flavor. Yum.

When I first saw this recipe, I was a bit skeptical about the addition of marshmallows, but a peanut butter cookie loaded with peanut butter M&M's...I just couldn't pass it up. Thank God I didn't.

Not only are these cookies super easy to make, they are super colorful and fun cookie to indulge in. They are different, I mean have you ever had a peanut butter cookie with peanut butter M&M's and marshmallows? Didn't think so. But let me tell you, different does not mean bad.

These cookies have been enjoyed by every member of my family. My mom loved them, even though she hates marshmallows, my dad has been enjoying them as he recovers from surgery, my sister munched a couple during the Bachelorette (SEAN OR JEF OR ARIE, Y'ALL?!), and my wonderful friend Nick said they melted in his mouth. Proof enough that these need to be in your cookie jar.

These are a sweet that will satisfy every type of sweet craving. You should go bake these. Like now.


Peanut Butter M&M Marshmallow Cookies
Recipe adapted from Sweet Treats & More
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tbsp. milk
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter M&M's
  • 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Beat in peanut butter, then sugars.
  4. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and beat until smooth. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
  5. Lastly, gently stir in Peanut Butter M&M's and mini marshmallows.
  6. Place rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack. (Don't worry if you have oozing marshmallows! They may be messy but they taste delicious!)
That dough. Too good. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat,
    Just made these for my brothers, most DEFINITELY not for me :) They were a big hit and a lot easier to make than I thought. Long cookie name but easy recipe. I used regular m&ms and it worked just fine.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the inexpensive daisy shaped butter cookies toi. The chessmen can be pricey. The custard is delicious on its own.

    ReplyDelete