My sister, Kelley, has been asking (begging?) me to make a dessert specifically for her for quite some time. Because my older sister is such a tiny and adorable human being, I decided to grant her request...it was only fair.
I must say I'm a little bit of a bossy younger sister (whoops) so I did require Kelley to scour the internet for a dessert recipe for me to make for her. After many long hours on Pinterest (everyone's guilty pleasure), Kelley came across these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies from the Brown Eyed Baker. This site features so many fantastic recipes that will leave you drooling, and we knew these would be incredible.
Obviously, chocolate chip cookie dough is one of life's delicacies. Who doesn't love to devour cookie dough? Answer: no one. The greatest part of this cookie dough is that it is eggless AKA no fear of salmonella - Hallelujah! Greatest. News. Ever. And when you top dense, fudgey chocolate brownies with cookie dough, I mean come on, it's a no brainer, it WILL be delicious.
Kelley, like any normal human being, loved these. Just like peanut butter and chocolate, brownie and cookie dough is a match made in heaven. This should be happening in your kitchen ASAP. Nom away, friends.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Prepare the Brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil, with enough to hang over all four sides. Butter the foil. In a medium glass (microwave safe) bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, scraping the bowl as needed. Mix in the melted chocolate until combined. Reduce the speed to low, add the flour and mix just until combined (don't over mix!). Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Prepare the Cookie Dough: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to combine the butter and both sugars. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate until the dough is firm, about one hour. Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies and store them in an airtight container at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator.