Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Fruit Pizza


One of my favorite holidays, Fourth of July, just passed. I love the Fourth of July. I love it because it is smack dab in the middle of my favorite season (summer, duh) and it celebrates my favorite place ever, the U S of A. I love the sunshine, pool time, and fireworks. You can't beat it, folks.

Obviously, I also love the food served on the Fourth of July: cheeseburgers, baked beans, corn on the cob, watermelon...I am hungry just thinking about all of it. But you can't have a proper Fourth of July celebration, or any summer cookout for that matter, without a delicious dessert. You just can't. Of course you can have apple pie (yum) but at my house, we are all about the fruit pizza.

This fruit pizza is to die for. A light and flaky homemade pie crust topped with a fluffy cream cheese layer and sprinkled with all the fresh and delicious fruit summer has to offer (my mom and I tried to decorate our fruit in a fireworks display - can't quite say we succeeded...)

I love that this dessert is a different take on the traditional pie or tart and is always well-received by friends and family, who always ask for seconds. This is a definite summer must!

Summer Fruit Pizza
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3-4 cups assorted fresh fruit (of your choice)
  • 1/4 cup apple jelly, melted
Directions

  1. Combine flour and powdered sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Pat mixture on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan; bake at 350 degrees F until browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool.
  2. Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla until fluffy; spread over crust.
  3. Arrange fruit on cream cheese; brush with jelly to preserve fruit. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. يقوم الجراحون المصريون بإجراء عملية تكميم المعدة فى مصر منذ عام 2003 وأصبحت واحدة من أكثر عمليات السمنة شيوعًا في البلاد. الجراحة آمنة نسبيًا ولها مخاطر قليلة عند مقارنتها بأشكال أخرى من جراحات السمنة. كما أنها أقل توغلًا من الأشكال الأخرى لجراحة السمنة، مما يجعل التعافي أسرع وأكثر راحة للمرضى.

    ReplyDelete