You know what is pure evil? The strategic placement of candy bars next to the checkout lines at the grocery stores/Target/everywhere. Seriously. There's nothing harder than resisting the impulsive urge to purchase and devour a Peanut Butter Snickers or a Milky Way, just to name a phew. I hope many of you are nodding in agreement...cause it's tough.
Sometimes, life demands that we consume candy bars. We all know it's true. I mean, there is often no better medication than chocolate. Can't deny that.
So, I present to you Twix Blondies. Thanks to this recipe from Cookies and Cups, you can indulge in nearly 40 mini Twix at once (well, in one pan). These are a perfect blend of caramel, chocolate, and buttery, blondie goodness and will therefore satisfy all your sweet cravings.
Do yourself a favor this week and pick up 2 bags of mini Twix, chop 'um up, and make these blondies. Indulge and savor this chocolatey, caramel goodness.
Recipe from Cookies and Cups
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 30 mini Twix bars coarsely chopped + 9 mini Twix bars (reserved for garnish) more finely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and vanilla on low speed until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, continuing on low speed.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Add the coarsely chopped Twix and chocolate chips, stirring in with a wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake approximately 25-30 minutes until they are set. Toothpick will come out slightly gooey. Be careful not to overcook.
- When removed from oven, sprinkle reserved Twix on top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 hours or overnight. Don't cut the bars until they are completely cooled or you'll have a big mess!