|Colorful and wonderful!|
Our menu consisted of marinated grilled chicken (using Newman's Lite Caesar Dressing for marinade), oven-roasted asparagus (olive oil, salt, pepper), and warm, buttery rolls, but the star of the show was this Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil.
The recipe for the salad attracted my eye on Pinterest (thanks for pinning it, Alexandra!). I'm seriously obsessed with the site and feel so accomplished when I create something off of it...my life is very sad. That being said, it tasted every bit as good as the picture online looked.
All four of us diners couldn't help but dive in for seconds and much to my pleasure (and slight dismay), there were no leftovers! This side dish is super simple, extremely health, and so fresh. It is absolutely the perfect, light summer side dish.
Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
Recipe from Green Lite Bites
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 25 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- pinch of salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a medium serving bowl.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.
- Eat and Enjoy!
|The complete meal.|
|Thanks for manning the grill, Nick!|
|Roasted to perfection.|