Saturday, June 16, 2012

Neiman Marcus Cake

Birthday Fun!
Cake Mix makes this recipe SUPER easy!



I may not be able to afford anything at Neiman Marcus, but I will certainly eat as decadently as one of their shoppers! (Lolz. Trying to be funny. Is it working???)

During my family's trip to California, we were able to celebrate my wonderful Aunt and Godmother's birthday. Living so far from our extended family, this rarely happens so we were excited to be able to share in the fun! I decided to bake a cake for my Aunt Cathy's birthday just as a token of my love! I needed an easy recipe, though, because I wanted to fully enjoy my vacation time (and not completely destroy my grandmother's kitchen!).

Before my trip, I had looked up recipes that use cake mix because I found about 5 boxes in my family's pantry. I came across this Neiman Marcus Cake recipe and knew that I had to make it at some point. Despite it's simplicity (it was so easy to make), it was completely delicious. Made with some of life's most decadent ingredients, it was an absolute treat. It was gooey, buttery, and rich, and when topped with cool whip and fresh berries it was the perfect dessert for a summer party! Enjoy!

Neiman Marcus Cake
Recipe from All Recipes
  • 1 (18.25 oz.) package yellow cake mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 8 oz. cream cheese (I used 1/3 the fat)
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 13x9 inch baking pan.
  2. Combine the yellow cake mix, 2 of the eggs, and the butter or margarine and mix well. The batter should be stiff. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
  3. Combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and the remaining 2 eggs. Mix well and pour over the top of the cake batter.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Look at my Nana's old school mixer!

Cake Batter
Cream Cheese Mixture
Yumz!

2 comments: