Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gingerbread Scotchies




You cannot pry me out of the kitchen. I have not stopped baking since I've been home. IT'S PHENOMENAL. And to make things better, today my house smelt like a gingerbread house. Can you imagine that?! Soak it in. It was like I was living in a gingerbread world, sans gumdrops (I mean, does anyone actually like those?!)

These cookies, y'all. I don't have words. Despite what my most recent posts may tell you, I am not a chocoholic. SUE ME, OK?! But you give me brown sugar and butterscotch and I will be shouting on the rooftops. 

I took one bite of these little guys and straight up melted into the floor. That's how good they are. I don't know that I ever would've thought to combine these flavors. Sure, I love gingerbread, and if you'll recall from my Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats, I adore butterscotch, but together would they work out? Would this union last?

Folks, it does. This is a flavor marriage that I can happily say will last into eternity. I suggest you make these immediately so you too can live in gingerbread heaven...it's quite a lovely place.



Gingerbread Scotchies 
Recipe from Cooking to Perfection (adapted from Lemons for Lulu)
(makes about 40 cookies)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup molasses
  • 1 (11 oz.) package butterscotch chips
Directions:
  1. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a bowl. Mix until ingredients are blended together. Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, add butter and brown sugar and cream together. Add egg and beat into creamed butter. Add molasses and mix until incorporated.
  3. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet, stirring until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in butterscotch chips.
  4. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes or overnight (I chilled mine overnight).
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop tablespoon size cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are set and begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great post about chronic about work I Get more help from your post I found so many blogs related to this But do not get that much information also I found some interesting information about cps test

    ReplyDelete