I am a pro at reminiscing. I absolutely love looking at photo albums and yearbooks and talking about fun times of the past with friends and family. This could possibly explain why I am addicted to Instagram...moving on, though.
I love when a song, a scent, or a story immediately transport you to a different time in your life, as if you are right there again. For example, this past week in church I sat next to a man wearing Polo cologne, and felt immediately that I was sitting next to my Poppi in Illinois...it's something that almost can't be explained.
These Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats are a dessert that take me back in time. I remember enjoying these with good family friends growing up and even taking them to my 4th grade class for a surprise treat. These bring back memories which make me smile, and they taste incredible.
I cannot lie, I like these about a gazillion times better than traditional Rice Krispie treats...and I really like Rice Krispie treats. But, if you know me, you know I am a serious peanut butter lover (addict). Hey, the first step to moving past addiction is admitting you have a problem, right?! I just refuse to give up said addiction, and I think I'm allowed one vice.
These Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats are a crowd pleaser and will certainly not disappoint. So go ahead and make these, and create your own new memories :)
Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats
Recipe from Jan Bootcheck (thanks!)
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Combine butterscotch morsels and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat
- Pour the Rice Krispie cereal into the saucepan and mix until cereal is coated with the butterscotch mixture.
- Press the mixture into a buttered 13x9 inch pan. Chill until firm.
- When cooled, cut, serve, and enjoy!