Merry Christmas Eve!!! I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow!!! To round out this wonderful season of baking, I'm leaving you with one last recipe - Minty Oreo Cheesecake Brownies!!
I found the recipe for these decadent treats over at Crazy for Crust and thought they'd be a perfect finale to all the other recipes I've posted in the past week. They are a combo of treats: brownie, cookie, and cheesecake! Scrumptious!
The original recipe calls for Candy Cane Oreos, but since I couldn't find those at any of the stores I ventured to, I opted just to use the Winter Oreos with the red filling. Also, the original recipe called for these to be topped with Andes Baking Chips, but I could find those either! So my lovely friend Nick helped by chopping up some Hershey's Peppermint Kisses so they'd be more chip-like. You rock Nick!
These are an easy-to-make treat that look super involved that will impress (and feed!) a crowd.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas eating, relaxing, and spending time with loved ones. Enjoy!
Minty Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
Recipe Adapted from Crazy for Crust (originally adapted from Inside BruCrew Life)
- 1 box brownie mix, plus eggs, water and oil called for on the box
- 20 Winter Oreos, about 1 package
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups Hershey's Peppermint Kisses, chopped (or 3/4 cup Andes Baking Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the pan and spread to coat. Line the brownie mix with the Oreos and then top with the remaining brownie mix.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until combined and no lumps remain (your ingredients need to be at least room temperature for this!). Beat in egg and sugar. Pour over brownie mix and spread to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle your chopped Hershey's Peppermint Kisses on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting. Store in refrigerator.