Monday, November 12, 2012

Tidbits {November 12, 2012}



1. I am still not over the fall leaves. When I went home this weekend, every tree I saw was magnificent. My mom and I pulled over to take these pictures. #noshame




2. As previously mentioned, I went home this weekend (again). It was my sorority's parent's weekend, but since my dad wasn't up to go, I brought parent's weekend back home. The 3 pictures above are just a few of the reasons I love my dad: he's adorable and he clips coupons. What a guy. Love him and admire his strength.





3. Another special event that drew me home this weekend was my sweet mama's birthday! She is my inspiration and the strongest, most faith-filled woman I've ever met. I want to be just like her when I grow up (but for real). Her cake came from Edible Art in Charlotte, and it was superb. I strongly dislike chocolate cake, but LOVED this chocolate cake. It wasn't too rich or too sweet, and the decorating was phenomenal. Cheers to your birthday, mommy!



4. As part of my mama's birthday celebration, she and I headed to the Panther's game. The weather was phenomenal, the game itself was dismal. It's becoming harder to watch them each week...



5. My mom and I also went a weeeeeee bit crazy shopping on Friday. Why is it that I load up right before the holidays?! Silly, silly me. The bracelet above is from Bella Cora Boutique, who came to my sorority house for a trunk show. They had so many amazing items at great prices. The boots are from DSW. I have never owned a pair of black boots and I am in LOVE with these. New apparel excites me a little too much.



6. Being home means eating Brixx Pizza and sausage & peppers in the crockpot. I love it.



7. I am obsessed with my dog. She is absolutely the cutest thing ever. Enjoyed her snugglez this weekend.


8. SO excited for Christmas break so I can dive into this book. I have been wanting to read it for SO long, and I came home and this was sitting (wrapped) on the counter. Leave it to my mom to give me a gift on the weekend of her birthday.

Next time I'm home, it'll be Thanksgiving. Time to start planning what I am going to contribute to the spread! Feel free to give me some ideas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment