Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is just a few days away! I can't wait to have a few relaxing days at home...and to eat TONS of delicious food.

While I didn't have time to recreate my family's Thanksgiving menu, I've pulled a few from around the web and compiled them here. If you haven't finished making your menu, you MUST try some of these dishes. I want every single one of them.

Veggies & Sides:



My family has never been a fan of traditional Green Bean Casserole. Weird, huh? We love serving green beans with slivered almonds, but I love that this recipe adds some more flavor with a touch of bacon. If you aren't a fan of a typical green bean casserole, give this dish a try!



Now, I know that brussel sprouts are hit or miss for most people. For me, they're a hit. I love that this recipe is super simple, but the roasting gives the sprouts a nice, caramelized texture and leaves them tender and flavorful. If you don't like brussel sprouts, give these guys a try and you'll surely change your mind!



While I love brussel sprouts, I don't really like mashed potatoes. I'm crazy, I know. BUT, because I love you all and recognize that most people actually do like mashed potatoes, y'all need to try these. Brown Butter is incredible. And butter is the best part of mashed potatoes, right? Do this for yourself.



Is this a veggie or is it dessert? I vote veggie because I have a ton of desserts listed below that I'm saving room for. These look incredible. My favorite part of eating a sweet potato is loading it with butter and brown sugar. This takes things one step further with STREUSEL. I need.



I posted this recipe first on my Pumpkin Bucket List, but I think it would be the perfect addition to the bread basket this Thanksgiving. Everyone loves cornbread. Everyone loves pumpkin. Combine the two and everyone will love you for making this. Simple math, people.



Keeping up with the cornbread, this cornbread stuffing looks divine. I LOVE stuffing. It's definitely my favorite Thanksgiving dish. Like I said, everyone loves cornbread, so everyone will love this stuffing. I love that this dish takes my favorite Thanksgiving side and makes it even more heavenly.



Every year, my sister Kelley makes macaroni and cheese for our Thanksgiving spread. This macaroni and cheese looks utterly divine. It's loaded with cheese, gooey, and topped with tomatoes. You should take the Southern root and add mac and cheese to your Thanksgiving menu this year!

Sweet Treats:



I had my first taste of apple crisp a few weeks ago. Four HUGE pieces later, I was hooked. The stuff tastes like cinnamony, baked butter. I mean, c'mon. I am bringing this apple crisp to the table on Thursday and I am so excited. I love that the topping looks super crumbly and doesn't have any oats. I have to get rid of anything even remotely healthy from my desserts (hehe).



I am a blondie lover. I love bar desserts and these Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies look to die for. Loaded with caramel and chocolate chips, and topped with ice cream, these will please the entire crowd!



Every year, my mom makes an incredible pumpkin cheesecake. We look forward to it all year. These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites are a more simple approach to the traditional pumpkin cheesecake. Plus, they're adorable and everyone loves bar desserts. It's a proven fact. Whip these up and enjoy!



Because no meal is complete without a fun drink, this Apple Cider Sangria is a perfect way to round out your Thanksgiving meal. It fits with the seasonal, fall theme and will impress anyone (over 21). It's a fun twist on the typical wine with dinner.

Lastly, Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy time with family and friends and remember to be grateful for all your many blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment