Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Burgers



Uhhh...it's not actually August 21st, I didn't just turn 20, and today is definitely not the first day of my junior year at UNC Chapel Hill. Nope. None of that is happening because that would mean that time is passing outrageously quickly and I just can't deal with that. Sorry 'bout it.

While I am sad that time is flying right before my eyes, I was very pleased about how quick and easy these burgers were to make. Not to mention they were delicious AND healthy - the ultimate combo. While I love turkey burgers, I think I may have just found a new and greater love for chicken burgers. Even my dad enjoyed these (the photos are proof!) and the men I know are not usually a fan of burgers unless they are made of red meat meaning these are scrumptious.

These burgers are perfect for college students with tight budgets and even tighter schedules, busy families on the go, football tailgaters, and anyone looking for a new and delicious dinner recipe - everybody wins! The burgers pack a little taste great topped with ketchup, ranch dressing, or even more hot sauce! They are a fun alternative to your typical burger and will spice up the end of your summer (punny). Enjoy!

Buffalo Chicken Burgers (makes 4 small burgers)
Recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers
  • 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (we used the canned variety to make the patties stick together)
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and form four patties from the mixture. The patties will be more "wet" than typical burger patties, but that's ok!
  2. On the grill, cook burgers for about 8-10 minutes on each side on medium heat. Or, if using a skillet, cook for about 7 minutes on each side on medium/high heat.
  3. Top with muenster or provolone cheese and enjoy!
I shared this post at Taste and Tell

1 comment:

  1. Katherine, how yummy. Thanks for linking up with Food on Friday.

    ReplyDelete