Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies with Sea Salt

Note: Serving these on a Carolina Blue napkin will actually make them taste better.

If it isn't extremely obvious by the fact that I created a baking blog...I love baking. I love when ingredients come together to make something delicious AND it doesn't hurt that I have quite the sweet tooth. And as much as I love baking for myself, I find it even more enjoyable to bake for other people.

This weekend at church, I was able to catch up with some good family friends who kindly offered to be the recipients of some of my baked goods. I know the most generous people. I was excited to whip up something yummy for them because they are so darn sweet (cheesy, but true).

I chose to make these Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies and they were a wonderful choice. They are a notch above your average chocolate chip cookies; the toffee adds an extra sweetness, while the salt provides adds a little variety. Like I said, who doesn't love the sweet and salty combo?! These will surely satisfy a variety of taste buds. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies with Sea Salt
Recipe from The Baker Chick


  • 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2-3/4 cup Heath Bar toffee bits
  • Sea Salt for sprinkling
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.
  3. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
  4. Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed until just combined.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee.
  6. Roll cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with as much or as little sea salt as desired.
  7. Bake for approx. 11-14 minutes, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment