Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies



I'm a little bit indecisive, I'll admit it. I usually try on about 30 tops before I finally select one, I have a hard time deciding what to eat when I go out (it all looks sooo good), and I definitely can't solve the debate over milk's favorite cookie. Oreo's slogan is just that, "Milk's Favorite Cookie," and can you deny that is delicious when dunked? Probably not. BUT, nothing makes eating chocolate chip cookies better than a cold glass of milk.

That's where these cookies come in: you don't have to choose between the two!

These cookies are delicious. I mean can you really go wrong when you combine two cookies into one? Didn't think so. They have a great texture and, if I may say so myself, definitely deserve the award of milk's favorite cookie. Enjoy!

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Lovin' in the Oven

  • 1 stick softened butter
  • 6 Tablespoons sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 11 broken pieces Oreo Cookies (or more if you feel so inclined)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
  2. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in Oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
  3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
  4. Serve with a glass of cold milk!

I took my own advice and added more than 11 Oreos. It was a wise decision.




Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment