Friday, January 11, 2013

Laissez Les Bontemps Rouler!! {Part 2}

I'm back with more of my NOLA trip!!! Yahoo! I know you've been anxiously awaiting my next recap. Don't worry, here it is.

On day two of our New Orleans adventure, the fam and I headed to the Super Dome to watch the Panthers beat the Saints! We were so excited to watch our hometeam in an away game, and it was all the sweeter to watch them end the season on a win!




It was really cool to be in a different stadium than we are used to. First, the Super Dome is indoors (duh) which is just so different from Bank of America Stadium. Second, the food options they offer at the Super Dome are so unique to New Orleans! You can get fried alligator, jambalaya and crawfish! It was great (and I can confirm that the jambalaya is indeed delicious).




The game took up most of the day (after we napped - lazy), but we went to a fabulous dinner at Pierre Maspero's. The restaurant itself was very charming and had a great ambience. We ate to our heart's content. We all shared Spinach & Artichoke Dip to start our dinner because well, you can't go wrong in that department  I ordered the Blackened Redfish because I kept seeing it on lots of menus and it did not disappoint! It was seasoned to perfection. My dad got the Fettuccini Corn Maque Choux and boy was it good. It was rich, creamy and decadent. My oldest sister, Kelley, ordered the Crab Cakes and they were served over a bed of veggies - the entire plate was heavenly. My mom and sister, Megan, went the lame route and ordered salads, but they were satisfied. Overall, it was probably my favorite meal of the trip. Would definitely recommend a stop here if you'll be in New Orleans!



Our last day in New Orleans was definitely our most packed, so get ready for Part 3 of these updates! Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment