Is everyone pumped for the Super Bowl this weekend?! I know I am! As I mentioned when I posted my Turkey Black Bean Chili, I admittedly like the Super Bowl most for the commercials and the food. Although, I am a huge NFL fan - so there! I am rooting for the 49ers and will be wishing the entire time that I were in New Orleans!
If you are looking for an easy and delicious food for your Super Bowl festivities, look no further! These Ham & Swiss Sliders will be the perfect addition to your party spread. They are easy to whip up and I promise they will be quickly devoured. My mom and I brought these to our post holidays cookie exchange and everyone loved them and wanted the recipe - a definite good sign! Also, how could you not love anything that includes a King's Hawaiian roll. Pretty sure it's impossible.
I am not sure what I'll be doing for the big game, but I am excited to watch! Who are you rooting for? And do you have plans? Even if you don't, make sure you make some sliders! Enjoy!
Ham & Swiss Sliders
Recipe Adapted from King's Hawaiian
- 1 12-pack dinner rolls (I used King's Hawaiian Savory Butter Dinner Rolls) - be sure not to get sweet rolls!
- 1 lb. deli ham, shaved or sliced thin
- 1 lb. swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter, then mix in dried mustard, Worchestershire sauce, dired minced onion and poppy seeds.
- Cute entire pack of dinner rolls in half, horizontally (keeping the top and bottom halves separate but intact. All 12 dinner roll tops should be connected, as should all 12 bottoms).
- Place bottom half of rolls in a baking pan and cover them with ham, then cheese. Then, cover the ham and cheese with the top halves of the rolls.
- Drizzle butter mixtrure over the top of rolls, making sure onion and poppy seeds are well distributed. Refigerate your rolls several hours or overnight.
- Once rolls are ready to be baked, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 15-20 minutes. Once finished, cut apart the rolls for serving.