I have a love for chocolate chip cookies, if you haven't noticed. So, whenever I am suffering a severe sweet craving (which is typically every single day) I look for a quick cookie recipe I can consume right out of the oven.
This week, I went for these chewy chocolate chip snickers cookies...YUM. Snickers and chocolate chip cookies work very well together, let me tell you. These cookies use brown butter, which gives them a bit of a toffee flavor which is simply divine. The snickers stuffed in the middle is a nice, hidden surprise in the center of all that chewy cookie goodness.
I'm starting to think you can't go wrong with these cookie mashups.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies (makes 24-30 cookies)
Recipe from Bakers Royale
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sliced Snickers, (approximately 4 king size candy bars or one bag of mini size snickers)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour and baking soda together in a bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Place 10 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until melted, about two minutes. Continue cooking and using the handle of pan to swirl the butter around in the skillet. Swirl butter constantly until it becomes a dark golden brown in color and gives off a nutty aroma, around 1 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and transfer browned butter to a large heatproof bowl. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons of butter into hot butter until completely melted.
- Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla to brown butter mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Add eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Rest the mixture for 3 minutes, then whisk for another 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny. Using sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips giving dough final stir to ensure no flour pockets remain.
- Using a cookie scoop, small ice cream scoop, or small spoon, scoop out approximately two heaping tablespoons of dough and flatten it into a round disc and place a Snickers slice on top. Fold edges over Snickers to seal it in. (*Optional: For added richness press in chopped Snickers on top...I didn't end up doing this!). Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 1 sheet at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, about 10 to 14 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool cookies.
|Yes, there's a Snickers wrapped up in all that deliciousness.|